Friday, August 6, 2010

P2 experiments

I don't claim to follow the exact protocol nor do I encourage other not to follow it to a T. However, after I finished one round I realize that I couldn't make it to my goal with the limited fool that Dr. S has in the mani. I'm sure there are some that are totally against making changes but to each his own. You do it your way and I will do it mine. I will say that no one should start experimenting with the protocol until they complete a full round.

There are a few things I’ve tried over my time on HCG…some work some don’t.

During my first round the only thing I tried were the Jay Robb shakes. Then DebHCG told me about Body Fortress protein at Wal-mart. It only has 3 carbs and the cookies n cream is the best flavor, about $16. I’ve mixed it with coffee and it is a great breakfast. I mentioned it on the HCG forum. Most people like it. I always lost whenever I had it.

I’ve tried coco delight or whatever you want to call it with coconut oil and chocolate powder. I didn’t lose/didn’t gain with it. I figured out very quickly my body will not tolerate coconut oil or MCT. Most people have tried MCT from vitacost to mix salad dressing. Some people do well with both.

I’ve broken stalls and satisfied fat cravings with Macadamia nuts. I can’t have too many or I will gain. I’ve also eat Cashews, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), sunflower seeds, and soy nuts on P2. I can eat a large amount of cashews but not any other nut. Whole almonds hate but almond milk loves me.

I’ve eat salads from the local bbq place on a regular. This means, I do mix veggies. The salad has green peppers, onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese (very little), of course lettuce, and smoked turkey. I use Maple Grove Farms SF Raspberry dressing or I use the dressing packets and only mix with vinegar and water.

For carbs I have added a few things with success. I eat oatmeal, fiber one and kashi cereal (low carb or almond milk), applesauce sweetened with splenda, 100 cal snack pack of chips, pretzels with peanut butter, pb & j on whole grain bread, SF jelly, whole grain eggo waffles (SF butter flavored syrup), light soups (diff brands), and that’s all I can think of. I noticed I can eat carbs if I eat the in mod and early in the day. However, if I eat a pb & j I swap it for a regular meal.

I’m thinking of everything that I’ve tried over the months. I’ve had beef jerky (look at the sugar content & make sure it’s not too high), KFC chicken (no skin & white meat w/o the biscuit string beans or salad as the side), SF red bull (drinking one now), land o lakes half and half, SF flavored syrup for coffee (have in all flavors), jennie-o turkey sausage and turkey patties (fresh ones not the frozen on P2), a few olives, reduced fat or no sugar added ice cream (breyers & skinny cow just a few Tablespoons), turkey bacon, eggs whites (carton), tuna in water, crabcakes (melba toast or 1 T of bread crumbs/almond flour, SF life water/powerade, FF margarine (can only find it at food lion)…might have to add to this later.

Oddly, I can’t eat cabbage or sauerkraut but I can eat brussel sprouts. SMH, figure that one out. I eat no salt added canned French cut string beans and spinach. I did add broccoli but I have to be careful b/c it play with my tummy if I eat too much, same with cauliflower. I rarely have a corn on the cob. I also eat the green giant and other veggie medley steamer packs (normally half the bag of the cauliflower, broccoli, carrot w/cheese flavor but they have a savory one that works), corn tortillas (not the flour ones), jar spaghetti sauce (just watch the sugar content), mushrooms, green peppers, sweet potatoes (w/cinnamon, splenda & the FF marg) and I think that’s it for the added veggies.

I’ve make fruit salad with cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes, and pineapple (only 2 pieces of each after & after working out). I can’t eat oranges.

I eat all meats that we are allowed. However, beef tends cause me to not gain/lose but I did have steak yesterday. I think it does it later in a cycle. I can’t mix beef & tomato for sure. I have tried bison and lost (taste just like steak), LF gwaltney no sugar added pork bacon, I rarely eat a rogerwood sausage (have to boil the heck out of it to get all the fat out I can), butterball turkey sausage, skinless salmon, baked bone it white meat chicken (skin remove before eating) and I think that’s it.

Oh, I’ve had wheat noodle once but I felt guilty afterward (still lost). I normally eat miracle noodles

Of course you all know I’m the queen of supplement. I also take adipex (code word mints or happy pills) and a diurectic. Oh, I do drink tea like nobody’s business (all flavors mixed w/yerba matte or oolong. Sometime I have issue with the chocolate yerb matte. I think I don’t tolerate chocolate while on P2). I do use all seasonings (including lawry’s which has a small amount of sugar).

I use all of my normal washes, soaps, hair products, lotions, make up (can’t live w/o my MAC), perfumes and body sprays, deo, pedicure products, etc.

Ok, I think I’m done but I’m sure I left something out. Please forgive for any typos but I’m not proofing this…took long enough to send it

That’s all the food I can think of right now. I may send out an amendment later or you can just ask me if I tried something.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 

10 comments:

  1. So you were able to eat all these foods and still maintain a loss of weight? About to start my TOM and craving PBJ big time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I didn't gain weight until I got into a car accident. While I was on HCG I could eat PB & J with no issues at all. It has to be SF jelly, Whole Grain or Ezekiel Bread with Natural peanut butter.

      Delete
    2. Was this all during P2, the VLC part of the diet, or P3. Im shocked you could eat these foods. I would love to ad some of the things you mentioned into my diet! Oh.....Did you do drops or injections? Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. missions pork rinds are fine and working for me

      Delete
    2. missions pork rinds are fine and working for me

      Delete
    3. Did you still lose while eating these on phase 2?

      Delete
  3. I also modified a bit. I am a vegan without a gulbladder. So for me it’s really complicated. I use saltine crackers and pretzels. I love making cauliflower crackers (use a few pinches of chickpea flour to hold together better) I also use oatmeal, Splenda and cinnamon to make sweet crackers. I allow soy yogurt that’s homemade. I use it to make creamy sauces and dressings or with fruit or lemon as a dip. I did have bad luck with vegan chili even though I used just a few beans and mostly large chopped tomatoes and onion. Could be I was eating for dinner not lunch. I also make a cauliflower and oatmeal (pinch chickpea flour) to make a baked flat bread so I can make a tiny veggie sandwich. I cannot eat even when not dieting oil or carbs because of having my gull bladder removed and diabetes runs in the family. I don’t t got that yet but my insulin runs high after carbs so I would end up crashing with low blood sugar. I find eating like a diabetic has solved this. I will drink orange juice with aloe to aid in tummy issues. I also eat air popped popcorn. I sprinkle water so the salt or other spices stick. If I want salty I will even add garlic powder and pepper. If I want sweet I add Splenda with a spritz of vanilla and water mix or add unsweetened cocoa powder. I also use cocoa powder and Splenda in yogurt to make a “pudding”.

    I also don’t eat 500 cal a day. I eat 3000 cal a week. Most days I only eat around 300. I know this seems low but I also don’t count thinks like my fat free vinaigrette dressing or soy sugar free coffee creamer or cocoa powder for the calories. I fast drinking water only 2 days a week and some days only eat 2 salads where other days I eat a bunch. As long as I don’t eat after 7 pm or before 12pm I am good. Drinking is ok. This is my 4th round. I was 220 lbs now I’m 155. I only started 5 days ago. My family love it cuz I cook like crazy on my fasting days and they eat like kings. Weird but I love to cook when I’m hungry. Needless to say I make them put everything back cuz that’s where mistakes can happen for me lol. I do make up for the calories by drinking lots of coffee and my creamer though haha. As for protein I do eat fish (I know not fully vegan) and soy products but only ones I make. Like yogurt and cream cheese. I will if I feel highly feel needed eat walnuts. I also take B12 injections and a multivitamin too. I have tried protein shakes (sugar free) with no luck. I also eat shrimp too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You stated that you put protein in your coffee. Did you also have your 2 proteins during the day or the protein shake was in place of one of your protein meals.

    ReplyDelete